"CST Brands is in the midst of transformative change and growth. We are proud of our incredible success in a very short period of time, success that has been built by working together as a team and bringing our best talents to the table." – Kim Lubel, President and CEO
With 2014 revenues of nearly $12.8 billion, CST Brands (NYSE: CST) is one of the largest independent retail and wholesale distributors of motor fuel and convenience merchandise, freshly prepared food and other services in North America. Our operations include retail convenience stores and dedicated wholesale motor fuel supply businesses in the U.S. and Canada that sell motor fuel primarily to our retail sites. Subsequent to September 30, 2014, we control the operations of CrossAmerica Partners LP, a publicly traded limited partnership. CrossAmerica is primarily engaged in the wholesale distribution of motor fuel and the ownership and leasing of real estate used in the retail distribution of motor fuel.
We have a strong footprint of retail sites spread throughout 25 states in the U.S. and six provinces in eastern Canada, operating approximately half of our almost 3,000 total fuel distribution sites. Corner Store is our primary convenience store brand in the U.S. retail segment selling many signature products, including our Fresh Choices® food and packaged goods. In Canada, our Depanneur du Coin and Corner Store convenience store brands sell signature Transit Café® coffee and pastries.
CST Brands' retail sites in the U.S. and Canada sold 2.9 billion gallons of branded and unbranded fuel directly to the public during 2014. For the three months ending December 31, 2014, CrossAmerica distributed 242 million gallons of motor fuel.
CST Brands – A Story of Transformative Growth
- Ranks 266 among Fortune 500 companies.
- Employs approximately 13,500 Team Members.
- Through wholesale and retail network, supplies Valero, Exxon, BP, Shell and other fuel brands to nearly 3,000 locations in the United States and Eastern Canada.
- Generated nearly $12.8 billion in revenue in 2014, making it one of the largest publicly traded fuel retailers in the country.
- Sold 2.9 billion gallons of motor fuel directly to the public in 2014.
- Acquired 100 percent of the membership interests of the general partner and 100 percent of the outstanding incentive distribution rights of Allentown, Pennsylvania-based CrossAmerica Partners, a master limited partnership (MLP), in October 2014. The partnership doubled the size of CST's footprint and provided a strong wholesale fuel supply business and a vehicle for growth.
- Purchased Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, a chain of 32 company-operated and 45 franchised stores in upstate New York.
- Acquired 22 Timewise stores in San Antonio and Austin from Landmark Industries
- Built 38 brand new stores in 2014, including 10 in Canada. In 2015, plans to build 35-40 new stores in the U.S. and 10-12 new stores in Canada.
- In 2015, opened the Corner Store Distribution Center, a 365,000 square foot warehouse that serves as the main hub for distributing food and merchandise to approximately 600 Corner Stores in Texas.
- Expanded branded fuel offerings in the U.S. to include Shell and Exxon.